I wasn't able to continue working on it unfortunately because I had work the next day. But Kennedy was able to figure out how to get it working properly. I wish I could have been more help on this particular project.
But also during the weekend prior I was able to work on a trial head sphere using 13mm thick EVA foam I bought at the Foam Forge downtown. It was much harder to cut than I thought it would be, plus I think the blade I had was super dull. But I managed to cut out 8 pieces and glue them together to form the sphere. It turned out way larger than I had imagined it would be, but in order to fit all the other pieces inside of it it has to be pretty big.
it held together pretty well using hot glue and medical paper tape (I prefer medical paper tape because it is extremely adhesive and very flexible), although for future notice, because it is porous, hotglue will ooze right through it if you're not careful (says the person her burnt the sh*t out of her leg and ruined a pair of pants when some dripped out).
Plus the sphere didn't turn out completely spherical, it had ridges where the pieces met. I wanted to try heating it up and warping the foam to be more of a curve shape, however because I used hot glue I could use the heat gun too much without all the pieces falling apart, plus it was a much thicker foam than I had originally planned on using, so it didn't bend as much I was hoping it would.